14 January 2011

observations from a week back at school.

Today marks one full week of being back in classes.
It's weird. I am going to be working hard this semester.
But I'll write about that at another time. This is a list post.

1. Chad Meister speaks like an exaggerated version of Fred Armisen's version of Pres. Obama. I mean that in the best way possible.
2. Taking Philosophy, Sociology, Old Testament, and Psychology at the same time is stretching my brain. In a good and overwhelming way.
3. I miss William Cook. Walking into the Great Room knowing that he won't be there to give me a hug is weird and sad and lonely. And he knows it. (But he's going to totally beast this semester in L.A.)
4. A few hours of awesome fun and good conversation with someone doesn't make that person as much of a friend as you would think.
5. JJ Heller has my dream job. Like you wouldn't believe. That is what I want to do. Making music for Jesus is what I was made to do. Partnering with my husband in doing that lines up exactly with my view of marriage.
6. God is gracious. He held the snow off for (most of) us to get back to school, and then He dropped a couple feet on us so we have to stay here together.
7. The feeling of 3:00am hasn't changed.
8. Just because you didn't really talk to some of your friends last semester doesn't mean they won't leave a whole in your life when they're on the other side of the world. (This is especially for Sarah, Matt, and Calvin.)
9. Sometimes the students on tours will actually ask questions.
10. P90X is working muscles I didn't know I had. My hips have been hurting for two days. I can't do much of anything without pain.
11. Even when you have a pretty clear view of your future, you can't always talk about it. Even though it's all you want to do.
12. Couples are weird. Non-couples are even weirder. Just admit that you're dating already. You're holding hands. You're a couple. Or you're making a huge mistake.
13. Sometimes ignoring someone's presence is the kindest thing you can do. Especially when you spent most of a year in internal conflict over that person.
14. The laundry room is a great place to be in the middle of the night.
15. Being washed whiter than snow is an amazing image. Snow is really, really white.
16. I didn't have a song until You came along.
17. My laundry is finished, I have class in 6 hours, and I will be at Huntington University all weekend. I need to fold my clothes, finish packing, and go to bed.

No comments: