01 September 2010

Sept. 1

It's always a weird day for me.
My body knows what day it is, so it never wants to get out of bed.
Then something awesome happens, so I don't have time to think about what day it is.
A series of wonderful events occurs, and it's almost always a great day.
Until it's night time and I'm alone with time to think about what day it is.

And then I cry.

My sister died twenty-one years ago.

I didn't know her, of course.
If she had lived, I probably wouldn't exist.
But she's still my sister.
She will always be a part of who I am.

One of my biggest fears is that we won't all recognize each other when we get to Heaven.
I don't know all of what the Bible says, or how ambiguous it is about this subject.
I know that we will have resurrection bodies.
I hope and pray and beg that I will know my sister.
I know that if I don't know who she is, it won't matter.
But I want to know her.

I talk to her. I feel a little weird about it.
But I know I'm not the only one who talks to someone who has died.
I don't know whether or not she can hear me.

That's all I have for today.