29 September 2010

when did this change happen?

We used to be friends,
Now I struggle to keep eye contact with you.
And we've resorted to small talk, if anything.

I want us to be friends again.
And then I want us to be more than friends.

I dream about falling in love with you.
And I'm not talking about daydreams.
I'm talking about waking up with an ache in my heart,
Wishing I could go back to sleep.

Tonight, all I wanted to do was to talk to you.
I wanted to tell you all of this.
I wanted that so badly that it made me want to cry.

I miss the way you taught me.
I miss the way God used you to change my life.
I miss how comfortable I was with you.

But it's not quite right.
At least, not right now.
And maybe it will never happen.

But maybe I'll dream of you tonight.
And maybe it will come true.

No comments: