15 February 2011

I like Tuesdays.

I get up between 7:00 and 7:30.
I go to my 8:00 class and listen and sometimes talk and sometimes write notes to people and sometimes write out a plan for my life.

Then I go back to my room to clean, just in case we have tours come through. During this time I watch "Greek."
My schedule says that I'm supposed to read my Lifespan Development book. Today, I definitely did that. I spent about four hours studying today. I never study, but I sure needed to.
And it paid off. I felt awesome about that test. I know that I won't get a perfect score, but I will get an A.

Then we started the lecture, and we're in early childhood now. Everyone who expects to be a parent someday should learn this stuff.

After class, I come over to SG to write and read and hang out. It's fun to just be here.

Sidenote: Bad fake British accents annoy me like you wouldn't believe. When the person doesn't realize that it's bad, I feel awful for laughing. When he/she thinks it's good and uses it all the time, that's just pathetic and it really ticks me off. I'm ready to be surrounded by British people. We leave in 83 days.

May 10th T   Fly from Chicago to Heathrow (London)
          May 11th W  Drive to Oxford & stay/tour in that area (which includes Stratford)
          May 12th Th Tour Oxford & its area & visit C. S. Lewis home (if possible)
          May 13th F   Drive/tour to Winchester area & visit J. Austen home & Win. Cathedral
          May 14th Sa Tour West Country including Stonehenge & Bath
          May 15h Su Go to London (drop vans at Heathrow), worship at Westminster & enjoy
           a free day seeing London on our own (in small groups!)
          May 16th M  Free day in London (Globe Theater a possibility today or later in week)
          May 17th T   Join EF “The British Isles” tour
          May 18

 

 - London
          May 19 London
                Take a guided tour of London:
                   Big Ben and Houses of Parliament                   Piccadilly Circus                   St. Paul’s Cathedral
                   Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace (if scheduled)
               Take a guided excursion to Windsor
               Attend an evening theater performance
         May 20 London
               Enjoy free time in London
         May 21 Oxford • Stratford
               Take a guided tour of Oxford
               Visit New College
               Take a guided tour of Stratford
               Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace
         May 22 York
Visit Warwick Castle
Travel to York
         May 23 Edinburgh
            Travel to Edinburgh via Hadrian’s Wall at Housesteads
            Visit Housesteads Fort and Museum
         May 24 Edinburgh
            Take a guided tour of Edinburgh:
                 New Town                Calton Hill
               Holyroodhouse
            Visit Edinburgh Castle
            Enjoy a free afternoon in Edinburgh
           Optional: 
Literary Walking Tour
          May 24th T   Fly from Edinburgh to Chicago (& return to BC)

This might change a little. Hamlet and All's Well That Ends Well are playing at The Globe this season.
"We Will Rock You" is playing at The West End. (And the rights aren't available in the States anymore.)
I will spend a lot of money. And I will take a lot of pictures. If I have internet access (and I probably will) I will write to you, my readers.

That was a long sidenote.

I have homework to do tonight.
I need to figure out chords and an arrangement for the Alma Mater.

But this break that I take is nice.

It's Pilot Olymipics week! (The shirts were printed incorrectly last year and we decided to embrace it.)
The events have been running smoothly as far as I can tell.
Battle of the Bands is Friday night at 7:00. Come on out and support Release II, Scout and the Finches, Dukes of Argyll, and Trash the Dress! These bands are all very different and very talented. I'm pumped to see how the audience enjoys them and votes. I'm also pumped to perform and to sit on a panel of "judges." I'm glad the audience decides the winner. I wouldn't be able to.

I'm going to get kicked out of this place pretty soon, so I'll wrap this up.
Life is confusing right now, but only because I keep deciding that it should be.

Alma Mater, prepare to be destroyed by my version of punk-rock.
On a piano. (Don't worry, it will be on an electric guitar for Friday.)

1 comment:

dr3am3r said...

i love tuesdays as well.

Ever heard of Tuesdays with Morrie? Good book. Good movie.

p.s. i laugh at fake british accents as well.