16 March 2011

20 till I'm 20.

I have been counting down to my birthday this year.
Not so much because it's my birthday, but because my aunt invited me to a concert.
You see, five years after I was born, she had a daughter, my first younger cousin.
Several years after that, my brother began to work for The Ready Set, and it became a family affair.

The Ready Set is currently headlining the Glamour Kills Tour, and on April 6, the tour arrives in Chicago.
That is the concert to which I was invited, and which I will attend.
It is in 20 days.

I decided a few weeks ago that I should start to make a bigger deal about my birthdays.
No, I'm not going to announce loudly every day that it's "TWENTY DAYS UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!" "NOW IT'S NINETEEN DAYS UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!" "EVERYONE CELEBRATE ME SO MUCH ON APRIL 6 BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY DAY I MATTER." Oh wait. That's exactly why I hate birthdays.
Anyway, I'm going to do something special on each of the days between now and my birthday. Today I will repaint my fingernails and toenails, and make a couple pairs of earrings.
Vespers tonight.

Tomorrow, Rachelle and I are going to Stone's Old Fashioned Donuts for breakfast.
And there are daffodils waiting for me, because someone decided to brighten my day.
Tomorrow will also be a significant day, because a lot of questions will be answered in regards to some of the things I will be doing for the next year.

There are plans for Friday, but I won't write about them.

And that's as far as I've gotten. I'll write some more as things happen.

No comments: