15 March 2011

sundress and skinny tie.

Sometimes I find I can sit and watch
I can laugh and talk and dream.
I can picture a future of us together
Doing what we both love.

But "sometimes" is just not enough
When I can see the rest of our lives.

Childish daydreams got the best of me
When I saw you that first night.
I'd heard stories and thought "hmm...maybe."
And then you looked at me with those eyes.

And I fell in love with the idea
And now I'm falling in love with you.
But "sometimes" is just not enough,
When I can see the rest of our lives.

A sundress and a skinny tie,
Dancing to our favorite songs.
Saying "yes" to forever.
I'll be yours and you'll be mine.

And I over-think
And my imagination runs wild
And I've tried so hard
To hide all the words I've held inside.

Since I fell in love with the idea
And started falling in love with you.
But "sometimes" is just not enough,
When I can see the rest of our lives.

Every day we can sit and watch
And we can talk and sing and play.
If there's a future for us together,
Maybe we should start today.

No comments: