21 March 2012

Two Weeks From Friday.

Another countdown.

I turn 21 in just over two weeks.

In theory, that's awesome. I'm finally old enough to do anything legal except hold certain political offices.
I will never again be the one holding a group back from being seated in the bar area of a restaurant. Not that I'm often with a group of people who want to be seated in the bar.
I can just say "no, thank you" when offered a taste of wine at a restaurant instead of "I'm not 21 yet."

But, the thing is, I signed a piece of paper a couple years ago saying that I wouldn't drink until I graduate.
And, because I know what happens when the right people find out that you broke that contract, I plan to hold to it.

However, I'm still excited about my birthday.
I'll be home for the first time since high school, so I get to hang out with my parents and friends.
It's on Good Friday, so I get to be reminded of God's sacrifice on my behalf.

I could be "that girl" who buys a guy a drink. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to do that.
But I probably won't.

The biggest thing is that I'll be home for a few days.
I'll be done with all of the things that I need to do before then (papers, audition, reading, etc.).
I'll have a chance to breathe.
And, ideally, I won't be sick like I was the last time I was home.

I'm ready for my birthday.
Really, really ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your parents drink - buy them a nice bottle of wine or something. Remember, they have been able to buy you a drink your entire life - this is the first day you are able to buy them one.

thanks for writing!