29 June 2012

Sometimes, all it takes...

...is a text from a friend reminding you that people actually see what goes on facebook and they might think that it's pathetic.
...is a courageous blog post by a guy who's had a lot of tough times in the past decade.
...is a caramel mocha, crafted by Max.
...is finding out that the cute barista at Starbuck is named Max.
...is finishing all of the items on the list your mom made for you.
...is knowing that your mom makes lists for you because she loves you, even though you are 21 years old and still don't know how to budget.
...is a storm, reminding you that God is powerful AND knows that we desperately need rain.
...is a sleepy kitty who just wants to snuggle. (Allow me to interrupt myself and clarify this one. I hate cats. I hate the way they treat me like they're in charge. I hate that a six-cat house smells like a six-cat house. I hate that every article of clothing now has cat hair on it. I hate that they climb on everything and steal my seat and scratch at my door at night. I hate that the litter box room is in our apartment and not upstairs. That said, I live a very lonely and secluded life, so affection keeps me sane. The fact that I talk to the cats as much as I do could bring that sanity into question, but I'll forgive myself. I like sitting and watching TV and petting an animal. I'd rather it not be a cat, but that's what I've got. My life is a little bit pathetic right now. I really do not like cats.)
...is knowing that you are leaving the country in 18 days.
...is watching the pile of dirty dishes become a pile of soapy dishes that is currently waiting to be a pile of clean dishes.
...is the prospect of a day spent packing and cleaning in preparation to go home for a few days.
...is the thought of seeing family next week and possibly celebrating my aunt and her husband's third anniversary. (I'll interrupt myself again. I've been trying to get used to the idea of calling him my uncle for three years. I can't do it. Her first husband was my uncle, and that didn't end well. He's my aunt's husband and I could not be happier or more thankful. To find out more, she's writing their story in installments over at Ernestine Edna and her Really Big Ideas right now.)
...is finally finishing a blog post after starting at least two of them in the past month.

Sometimes, all it takes is one (or all) of these things to get me to the end of this day without crying or screaming.

2 comments:

Jill Carr said...

Love you.
It's a weird summer, that's for sure.
Cats have a way of being that way.
Love you.
And praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it takes me surfing through facebook and thinking I need to do something differently. Reading a blog, your blog was it. Thanks its heart warming :)