30 April 2013

Independent Study: Finishing the Hat

We have about fifteen chapters left to finish.
Even though I'm terrible at following through on goals, I'm setting a personal goal to be completely finished and selling copies by August.
I think that's reasonable.
For those of you who have ways of interacting with me beyond comments on blog posts, do me a favor and ask me how it's going.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep studying Nehemiah and publishing. I'm not sure that I'm going to become any kind of editor, but after I write one more post I will be finished with being told what to study. I get to choose to study publishing.

Over the course of the semester, Dad sent me several links to articles and blog posts about publishing. I want to share them with you.

Here's one from Steve Woodruff about how the industry is being changed by the rise of self-publishing.

Guy Kawasaki shares his 10 Social Media Tips for Authors. We'll be sure to remember these through this process.

Geoff Livingston is done with traditional publishing.

Kris Rusch talks about hiring editors. She delineates the types of editors that exist and how to choose one.

Thanks for joining us on this journey.

The next post will be the last of my assigned 10, and will give you instructions on how to obtain a copy of our sample.

No comments: