21 January 2010

a facebook note from June, before I remembered my blog.

why is it okay to completely ignore the Word of God?
He said things very clearly and yet we decide that we know better.
let me tell you, we don't. He designed the world and everything in it for His glory.
after the Fall, the design didn't change. sin came into existence but it wasn't okay.
the purpose of mankind was, and is, to worship God in everything we do.
breaking God's law is not worship.

I watched "Prop 8 the Musical" a few months ago.
it made me rather angry. Jesus didn't change the Law. he didn't make sin okay.
everything still applied. the only change was the sacrifice. Jesus' death and resurrection made the sacrifice unnecessary.
the thing about stoning your daughter or your wife: that's why Jesus died, so we don't have to.
also, the love of money is the root of evil. sorry Neil Patrick Harris. God will take care of our economy.


I'm a bit wary of posting this next section because I know it might offend some people. but I think I need to say it on the outside of my head.
premarital sex is not okay. I don't care if you're engaged. I don't care about any of your excuses.
sex was created to be between one man and one woman in the context of marriage.
if you've already done it, what do you have to look forward to on your wedding night?
and sexual immorality is actually a broad term.
"anything that turns you on and leaves you wanting more." is what the words mean. (thank you Bay Forrest.)
so seeing "Transformers" just because of Megan Fox is not okay.
making out might not be okay.
taking a second glance is not really okay. (and I speak from experience.)
"God smiles when sex is done right." (Bay Forrest)
"And the sexual act, when lawful-which means chiefly when consistent with good faith and charity-can, like all other merely natural acts ('whether we eat or drink etc.,' as the apostle says), be done to the glory of God, and will then be holy." (C.S. Lewis in Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer.)
when sex is done God's way, it can be an act of worship.


I say all these things because it is what I believe.
I know I'm a critical person and I know I have the tendency to judge.
and I ignore God sometimes, too. but I'm not proud of it.
I don't try to flaunt my sinful behavior. I deal with it with God.


so I guess the answer to my question would be: it's not okay.



it's not okay to ignore God.

No comments: